Monday, March 26, 2012

Random Thoughts of a Monday Morning

The sun is streaming through my office window. (Yes, really. Yes, same office, in Portland. No, I'm not dreaming. I know because I'm pumping. Yes, with the sun streaming in the window. It's reflective glass.)

There's enough breastmilk in the fridge at home for Jackie for the whole day, so I can just sit here and work (and blog) and pump and concentrate and not run home in the middle of the day or get all over-planny about when to pump versus when Jackie is going to be hungry that is closest to a reasonable lunch time.

I got three ounces this morning - new trick is get up, as soon as possible pump 15 minutes, then stop, fix breakfast, do something else (yoga? Prep a chicken for roasting? Trader Joe's has local all-natural chickens for cheap - works out to like $7 per chicken. That's dinner. Yum.) then pump again for 15-20 minutes. Usually works out that I get significantly more on the second round, but if not it's also usually pretty obvious that it's not going to happen and I can move on to the shower.

We had chocolate croissants for breakfast (also courtesy of Trader Joe), which were yummy.

Matt took the kiddos to the dentist (presumably they won't demand much of Jackie since she's 6 months old). Robert is convinced that our dentist is going to break a window with a stick and has been saying so for months. I'm excited to hear if he asked Dr. P. about it - should be entertaining.

We're buying a house - we move in 23 days. Not that anyone is counting.

I have a beautiful, happy family and awesome, wonderful friends.

I have a lot to be grateful for today. I will try to be present in today, rather than worrying about tomorrow. (Ooo - sun went behind a cloud JUST as I typed that! Spooky!!!)

(Okay now it's back.)

Much love,
Suzi

No comments:

Post a Comment