Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Shoe Named After Me?

So, Kiddo and I had a lovely weekend. I let hubby sleep in yesterday to recover from his rough week. Then we had a glamorous family date night at Johnny Rocket's, followed by me going to bed at - yep - 8 p.m. To my credit, I did stay up until 10 Friday, and failed to really nap on Saturday. Then today was productive and companionable, just baby and Mama, including cleaning the kitchen and boiling all Bessie's washable parts (wait for the posting on thrush - it'll be a real page turner) washing my nursing bras and other gentles, and making a pot of soup. We had a walk and a brief visit with Andrew (and his parents) downstairs. The biggie - I got a 1 hour yoga DVD done this morning and a shower immediately following, when Matt was on duty before heading out to the theatre. We're talking a premo weekend people.

And the whole thing made me realize, I really do think I'll do better with an out-of-the-house job than trying to be the stay-at-home parent. I think it dawned on me when I realized I was spending the whole afternoon trying to carve out time to do something intellectually stimulating. Like reading while nursing - doesn't work as well now that I have to defend myself from Kiddo's rapidly developing "pincer grasp" the whole time. And I got sick of the tune stuck in my head to which I was making up words for whatever was going on. You know, there really isn't much that rhymes with Robert.

Just call me Captain Flip Flop. Sigh. We'll see how I feel at 4:45 in the morning when the alarm goes off to send me to Bessie again. I know either way has its advantages and draw backs. And I suspect my recently increased interest in staying at home is significantly (but not wholly) fueled by the return of the very busy time in our quarterly cycle, including doing not fabulously on my writing projects.

Will she go to work tomorrow? Or will she start buying lottery tickets? Find out next week on, "As the Mood Turns!"

No comments:

Post a Comment