Saturday, December 18, 2010

Travel Stories, Part II

Hello Dear Boobjuicers and friends!

Here we have the next installment of Boobjuice On the Go, from Mama Emily. She kindly shared her story with me and has agreed to let me share it with you. I hope you find it helpful and encouraging as I have!

Much love,
Suzi


When Kiddo was three months old I went to a conference overnight for two nights. I shared a room with three other women and was so excited about the prospect of sleeping through the night that I didn't set an alarm or anything. First night I woke up sometime in a totally soaking wet bed and clothes and in some serious pain. I had to take a warm shower and sit in the corner with my pump for a long time to relieve myself. Next night I made sure I got up a couple of times to pump in the dark corner. Crept away from conference all day long to pump. I think at that point I had a little store at home for Kiddo to have when I was away...but he probably got a little formula too, which ended up happening at least once a day when I went back to work because it seemed like no matter how much I pumped at work, I was always one bottle short of what he wanted during the day.

I'm really hoping this next one I'm having nurses well! I kinda miss it...Kiddo stopped around 20 months...I was about 4 months preggo and it started to hurt like HELL to have him nurse. I couldn't hack it. He was only nursing to go to sleep then, and I explained what was going on and he was totally fine...I think he asked to nurse about two times after that but was never upset about it. Guess he was ready! He's totally obsessed with my gigantic preggo boobs right now though. He's constantly "massaging" them and sticking his hands down my shirt. We're talking a lot about how the next baby with be getting "Mommy's milk" to prepare him. I think he gets it, but I'm prepared for a *little* (I hope) jealousy.

1 comment:

  1. FYI: many kids go back on, at least for a while, when the mature milk comes in. Trust me, this can be a HUGE boon when your boobs feel like Mt Rushmore. They usually go easier on it after a few days, but Sophie got breastfed poops the first day, which she was dismayed with. Just consider having some help with the engorgement when the time comes. Sounds like your guy would be more than willing to help.

    ReplyDelete