Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Hello Dear Readers!

Robert is explaining to me how to crush an ice cube with a shop fan. It's fascinating. I can hear Matt singing Jackie to sleep upstairs. She had a total nap fail day so I'm hopeful she'll fall asleep quickly and maybe hubby and I can get a few waking minutes to ourselves on this glorious Mother's Day. Jackie has been all boobs all day, as she is wont to be, and my boys have been fun and charming. I got to do some yard work - I like yard work, as long as someone with some actual competence shows me what to do - before the rain came, and then I got to have a yummy burger and absurd quantity of delicious french fries for dinner. And a glass of rioja. Yum. And a cookie. Health food. Really. The day started with the requested Moonstruck Chocolates at my plate, after hubby made French toast for dinner. I got a present that Robert made at preschool, which is of course the best thing ever.

I hope each of you has had a wonderful day of celebrating motherhood, or celebrating your mother, or mothering yourself, or something else nurturing and cuddly.

Also, this isn't about motherhood particularly, but I think this post is very brave and illuminating. She is often totally pants peeing funny, too. Mood disorders, depression, and other mental illnesses are badly understood and really awful to experience. I am taking a moment from my calorie-laden Mother's Day celebration to send gratitude for my improving health (including a shout-out to the inventor of Zoloft), and to remember all those who are still struggling.

Robert just made me another present and Matt stuck his head out to wonder why I'm not getting Robert ready for bed yet. Off to change a poopy diaper!

Much love,
Suzi

UPDATE: Matt points out that he made French Toast for breakfast, not dinner. I was typing this post AFTER the glass of wine, thank you, and while trying to encourage Robert not to be afraid to poop, but to please hurry up and finish doing so as it was past bedtime. I lead a glamorous existence, people.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Suzi for a wonderful post on a special day. I am with you saluting the inventor of Zoloft.

    ReplyDelete